Relationship Analyst - Corporate Banking - #5528692
The relationship analyst is a junior-level position that is integral to the Corporate Banking China Coverage teams with core responsibilities of working closely with Senior corporate bankers, risk partners, product partners, Citi's global network and clients to lead on manage the critical day-to-day internal and externally facing client activities that are the backbone of Citi's relationships with clients and fundamental to Citi's regulatory compliance initiatives. The relationship analyst needs to develop and leverage a breadth of contacts in support of Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory's overall business growth strategies.
- Build relationships with various internal and external audiences to ensure timely problem resolutions and to provide support for a range of audience needs and services
- Perform financial and operational investigations, including credit, foreign exchange, cash management and trade services, ensuring timely resolution and client satisfaction
- Assist Banker with the preparation of relationship reviews and client portfolios
- Partner with Product Partners and Relationship Managers to perform various activities for Know Your Client (KYC) requirements, including timely origination, monitoring, renewals and completion across all product and marketing levels
- Facilitate credit originations, credit allocation, approvals, documentation, bookings, fee collections and renewals for Standby Letters of Credit and justify exceptions, as well as credit allocation from Parent Account Management teams and Credit Risk Management
- Identify revenue opportunities, position certain products with clients and monitor billing and service queries, as well as correct mapping/marketing hierarchies in Citi Investment Strategies (CIS) to ensure revenues earned from all products are appropriately reflected
- Assist in the preparation of support discussions for clients, ensures designee approvals/deferrals in place, and ensure discussion is lodged in Citi Risk Approvals
- Maintain and ensure that portfolios have correct marketing levels and legal structure reported in the appropriate systems
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Consistently client focused and results oriented
- Demonstrated information resourcefulness and a high level of attention to detail
- Consistently demonstrate follow-up and organizational skills
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven planning, negotiation and analytical skills
- Consistently demonstrate a professional attitude
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Job Family Group:Institutional Banking
Job Family:Corporate Banking
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting